Sail in Toronto – Use our sailboats
Every week from May to September, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday you can use one of our sailboats. Our sailboats are available to you if you have completed a CANSail class AND/OR you can demonstrate appropriate sailing knowledge and skills.
If you have any questions please see our frequent questions section below.
Pay as you sail
$20 plus HST
- Register as an individual;
- Available on Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm to 9pm and Saturday from 10am to close;
- RS Neo (single person) and RS Vision / Quest (two person) sailboats available to use;
- Instructor on site and available to assist and assess.
Buy one month or a season pass
One month $99 plus HST
Season pass (May to September) $395 plus HST
- Buy and use as an individual;
- MUST be an Outer Harbour Centerboard Club associate member;
- Unlimited use of RS Neo (single person) sailboat Monday to Friday from 6pm to 9pm AND Saturday to Sunday 10am to close (subject to availability);
- Unlimited pay as you sail passes included (subject to availability);
- Instructor on site and available to assist.
Frequent questions – use our sailboats
What is appropriate knowledge and skill to use a sailboat?
CANSail 1 is the minimum standard to use a sailboat on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at Sailing Fanatics Inc. The basic requirement is that you can rig a boat correctly, sail away from our dock, deal with a capsize and then return without any collisions.
How can I be assessed to use a sailboat?
An instructor is available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to assess your skill and knowledge. Go ahead and register to use a sailboat. When you register tell us your experience and when you arrive tell the instructor you need to be assessed. The instructor or another sailor will help and guide you through rigging and an assessment of your skills.
Do I need to have a partner to sail with?
No, you do not need to have anyone to sail with on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. Everyone registers as an individual. When you arrive we partner people together or offer you the chance to sail one of our single person sailboats.
Can I use a sailboat at any other time during the week?
Yes, if you have CANSail 2 OR equivalent knowledge and skills (as assessed by a Sailing Fanatics Inc. instructor) it is possible to be able to use our RS Neo single person sailboats every evening from 6pm to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday from 10am until close. To be eligible you must be an associate member with our host club, Outer Harbour Centerboard Club. Then you can purchase an unlimited use package.