Suitable for me?
Experience has shown us that you need to be a competent CANSail 2 sailor to get the most out of a CANSail 3 course. We recommend joining Sailing Fanatics as a fleet user to practice and refresh your skills before taking CANSail 3.
CANSail 3 is for those who have completed CANSail 2 and/or have some sailing experience. It is suitable for anyone who:
- has completed our intermediate (CANSail 2) class;
- can rig a sailboat, tack, gybe, sail upwind and recover a capsized sailboat with very little instruction or supervision;
- wants to feel more control, competence and therefore confidence on the water in a sailboat.
If you’re in doubt then contact us.
In this course you get lots of on water sailing experience and some coaching to correct your current skills. We refine our CANSail 2 skills, define some new concepts and ways of thinking about a sailboat. Lessons taught include:
- adjusting sail shape using sail controls;
- more coaching and refining sail trim, boat trim and heel, direction and centerboard position;
- using heel to assist when turning a sailboat;
- stopping and starting more precisely and efficiently;
- sailing slow;
- an introduction to racing;
All of our courses have an emphasis on practical skills. We will spend as much time as possible on the water.