Is CANSail 1 Suitable for you?
CANSail 1 is suitable for you if you are:
- NEW to sailing and have never sailed before;
- haven’t sailed for 2-5 years and need a refresher on the basics;
- want to improve your basic sailing skills and gain confidence;
If you’re in doubt then contact us.
In this CANSail 1 learn to sail course we teach you how to prepare to go sailing, sail in every single direction and some very basic safety procedures. Lessons will include:
- how to rig a sailboat from start to finish;
- tacking and gybing in a sailboat;
- launching and recovering a sailboat under supervision;
- sailing upwind and downwind (sailing in every direction to a really basic level);
- recovering a capsized sailboat (yes you have to go in the water).
This course involves some independent study – we give you the materials to learn the following in your own time:
- knots – bowline, figure 8 and double fisherman knot;
- parts of a sailboat.
All of our courses have an emphasis on practical skills. We will spend as much time as possible on the water.